My Very Own Music CD was one of the largest successes in the history of the children's music industry. By crafting CDs specifically aimed at an individual child, the company was able to inspire and make happy an entire generation of children. They did this by grouping together CDs that have between six and ten songs, each grouped according to an interest of the child, and often using the child's name during the songs themselves. And they did it by using a musical score that was vibrant and happy. Children loved the songs and parents loved the delight on their children's faces.
The personalized CDs make gift giving so much easier, and more personal! The difference between giving a CD that has been personalized to include the child's name, and has his or her name sung by his or her heroes, and just giving a gift that came from an impersonal store is huge. Whoever you give the gift to will see the difference, as certainly as you can.
Albums like Awesome Kids Christians Songs, which provided a plethora of tracks all reaffirming traditional Christian values, such as the fact that Jesus is God, and that Jesus and God love each child personally more than words can express, swept the Christian community and helped Christian parents instill the proper values in their children. The eleven songs on the album each treats a different Christian theme, and is intended for children between the ages of nine and twelve. But, as they say, some things are timeless, and the CD is sure to be of enjoyment to all Christians.
Another release from My Very Own Music is Journey to the Land of Imagination, an impressive collection of fanciful tales and ballads that will stretch the limits of a child's ability to create and imagine. If you want to increase the scope of your child's wondering, as well as have them marvel at how the people who sing so beautifully on this CD keep repeating his or her name, then this album is for you.
Always popular among pint-sized superheros, Spiderman and You is an album that will appeal to the more adventurous children on your list. The songs on this CD take the listener through many different episodes in Spiderman's career, and he will battle his nemeses and confront problems in the city and rescue his beloved Mary Jane, all as your child sings along and hears his or her name sung back at them. The songs on this disk are energetic and thrilling, as is fitting to their subject matter, and will lift and thrill your child's spirits.
Whatever your needs in personalized children's CDs, My Very Own Music will be able to meet them. Since they have literally thousands of children's names in the database, and hundreds of interest grouped CDs, they are the world's number one provider of personalized songs for children.
Marshall Mathers was born in St. Joseph, a small town just outside Kansas City, MO. Marshall spent most of his early life between St. Joseph and Detroit, living in near poverty conditions. He was deeply attracted to rap music by the time he reached his teen years, and at the age of 14 was performing raps in his friend's basement. The two pals billed themselves as Manix and M&M which, was soon changed to Eminem (the name originally was formed from his initials). Because of the racial boundaries that were placed in front of him as a white rapper he took to the underground rapping as a battle rapper in clubs. He eventually became a popular performer and discovered that he was the rapper to beat.
The topics of his raps are based on his skills to express himself about his unhappy childhood and the drastic, and often dramatic, circumstances that arose throughout his life. His recordings over the past several years are an impressive accumulation of deep and meaningful lyrics.
- 1995 - Joined New Jacks, then left, and joined Soul Intent releasing his first single
- 1997 - Debut album is released. The title, 'Infinate'
- 1998 - After being contacted by Dr.Dre, Eminem releases his 'alter-ego' album, 'The Slim Shady EP'. Eminem had discovered that his only means of dealing with his life was through his rap music. The single to preview the albums release was 'Just Don't Give A Fuck'.
- 1999 - In February his official, full album release happens, 'The Slim Shady LP'. In March he hit the top 40 with his single, 'My Name Is' and by October his album was certified 3x platinum.
- 2000 - In February, Eminem won 2 Grammy Awards; Best Rap Solo Performance for "My Name Is", and Best Rap Album (The Slim Shady LP) . In March he was back in the top 40 with a collaboration rap song done with Dr.Dre, called "Forget about Dre'. By summer his latest album emerged on the music scene, -The Marshall Mathers LP', selling close to 2 million copies in the first week. By the end of August, his -Marshall Mathers LP' had hit 6x platinum and hit 7x by the end of September. By the end of the year the album was the second highest selling at 7.9 million copies sold within the year.
- 2002 - The rapper re-emerged after a year of legal battles to write some new lyrics with the album 'The Eminem Show'. Singles 'Without Me' and 'Cleanin Out My Closet' from the album, proved very popular. In June, 'Without Me' topped the Billboard Top 40 for two weeks. 'Cleanin Out My Closet' hit the top ten in September. October saw the release of the soundtrack to movie '8 Mile' which featured several songs by the rapper as well as other artists, like Jay-Z and Macy Gray. From this soundtrack, Eminem hit #1 for three weeks with song -Lose Yourself'.
- 2003 - January saw him win the People's Choice Award for Favorite Male Musical Performer. Most of this year was spent collaborating with other artists and winning various music and music video awards.
- 2004 - His 'The Marshall Mathers LP' had now hit 9x platinum and by November, a new album, 'Encore' was released. Singles, 'Mosh' and 'Mockingbird', hit the top 40 charts.
- 2005 - This year saw the rapper taking time off to produce music with other artists but not before he released a hit album called 'Curtain Call'. The album contained 3 new tracks in addition to his chart toppers.
- 2009 - A highly anticipated album was due for release this May/June entitled 'Relapse.'
Eminem is well known for his raw, honest, and graphic lyrics and continues to deliver results with each new track. He has struggled emotionally and has chosen to share his struggles through his rap music. His talents have been rewarded time after time with countless awards for both his music and videos.
On September 27, 1982, Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He spent his early years growing up in the tough Hollygrove district. He started rapping at a very young age at local block parties, where he was heard by a group signed by Cash Money Records.
Cash Money's CEO, Brian "Baby" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams was giving Wayne some consideration. After Wayne learned the phone number and location of their office, he practically haunted them day and night. He would even leave daily rap messages on their answering machine. They were so impressed with the 12 year olds dedication they decided to give in and sign him, pairing him up with another young rapper, Big Goochie, who they had also just signed.
The duo released an album, "True Story" under the "The B.G.'s" and right from day one his style was a true gangsta rap. He was unlike most young rappers who usually start off with "bubble gum rap," and do not make the change over until they are well out of their teen years.
Wayne's mother became worried about her son's actions and the company he kept when he began wearing gang affiliation clothing. Knowing the street reputation the Williams brothers had, she decided it was best to remove Lil Wayne from the Cash Money Company. In retaliation, he ran away from home for a week and during that time managed to convince his Mom that the records company owners were not to blame for any of his actions or choices.
In 1995, he along with B.G., and two other young rappers, Young Turk and Juvenile, formed the group Hot Boys. The first album, "Get it How you Live" in 1997 was followed up with "Guerilla Warfare" in 1999, shortly before his first solo effort. Wayne's first solo album was a great success; "Tha Block is Hot" (title track) became a top ten hit.
The second album, "Lights Out" and the third,"500 Degreez", did not fair as well and lead him to take a brief break from solo efforts to collaborate with others. Also, by this time he was the last of the Hot Boys; the others having gone their own way and retreating from what seemed to be a failing record company.
During the early 2000's, Lil Wayne was a prolific contributor to others rap lyrics and made numerous guest appearances on other rapper's recordings. At this time, he also made several mix tapes that received critical acclaim within the music industry. He even offered a few mixes online for free. In 2004 he released a new album, "Tha Carter" which introduced the public to a more defined and crisper performance from the young rapper. The single, "Go D.J.", hit the top 20, and the album, the top five. In December 2005, he released "Tha Carter II", which arrived on the charts at number two and produced a hit single, "Fireman."
"Tha Carter III" was released in June 2008 and sold one million copies within the first week, and another million within the month. Two big hit singles from this album were "Lollipop" and "A Milli."
Wayne's style has become refined and improves as time progresses and with his talent for writing lyrics, record sales for him come with great ease. If his work is followed, and especially from such a young age, it may be easy to agree with his self proclaimed statement, that he is "the best rapper alive."